Friday, June 22, 2012

Review: Rosette Hello Kitty Apple Gommage

Peeling gels aren't very popular outside of Asia. It's a treat to find a Western brand that makes one but they're usually overpriced unlike the Asian counterparts. Also, the brands aren't always reliable. Most of the ones I've found are sold at mall kiosks.. 'Nuff said. If peeling gels ever do make it big in the Western hemisphere, I'll try to act surprised. Anyway, I've tried a few peeling gels before but the ever so popular CURE remains my favorite. Skinfood's Pinepple Peeling Gel is also nice but the worst would have to be the Rosette Hello Kitty Apple Gommage, which I am reviewing today.


To start - I blame Rosette's Hello Kitty Apple Gommage for ruining my skin and more importantly, the area under my eyes. The first time I tried the peeling gel, my face turned red and itched like mad. Weeks later, I tried it again but this time I accidentally applied it too close to my under eye area and since then, I have been less than happy. It has been nearly two months and my under eye has not recovered. There's constant redness, dryness, flaking, and wrinkles (at 21!!) involved. This does not bode well for my makeup application. And if you thought I couldn't get any stupider or things couldn't get any worse, I tried the peeling gel for a third time! The third time involved very inflamed, itchy cheeks that didn't recover for days. No amount of concealer could hide the atrocious reaction my skin had to this peeling gel. 

Case and point: Do not use this on your face.

Another thing I hate is the scent. This peeling smells like a Granny Smith apple on the brink of rotting. It'll start out fresh and delicious but quickly degrade into a rotting apple mess. Though, this is only my interpretation of the scent. I haven't seen any other review that highlights the nastiness.

Bottom Line:
Skip the Rosette Hello Kitty Apple Gommage! It may come cheap (~$9USD) but there are other brands in the same price range. This is not worth overseas shipping rates & wait time nor is it worth the facial risks.

Side note:
I do blame myself for applying the peeling gel too close to my eyes but my skin is hardly sensitive. This stuff is hazardous, look elsewhere, I beg of you!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Disclosure

Make-Up Kismet is a personal blog written and edited by myself. This blog was created to share my experiences with whom ever reads it.

All reviews posted are written by me and are my honest opinions. All products reviewed are purchased by me for personal and/or review purposes unless stated otherwise. Each person is different, as are our experiences. With that said, I cannot be held responsible for any unsatisfying reaction to a product I review or recommend.

Photos on this blog are either from Google, other Bloggers or, my own. I try to depict all products as accurately as possible. I may edit photos for this purpose.



 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com