Thursday, December 1, 2011

Review: Marcelle Hydra-C 24H Energizing Hydrating Gel

My love for gel moisturizers will never die. I believe everyone should have at least one favorite/holy grail-status gel moisturizer that works all year round. My holy grail was the Clinique Moisture Surge Extended Thirst Relief but that's all changed because of Marcelle's Hydra-C 24H Energizing Hydrating Gel.

F.Y.I. Marcelle is a Canadian brand garnering a lot of attention lately. I'll admit the brand hasn't been high on my "to try" list but their hydrating gel has converted me. They'll also be the first Canadian brand to launch their own BB cream!


But first, let me draw you in with the Hydra-C 24H Energizing Hydrating Gel (what a mouthful!). Marcelle's hydrating gel contains cucumber, green tea extracts, Vitamin C and E; all good ingredients you should find in any moisturizer. The formula is refreshing and lightweight but the texture isn't a runny which I prefer. I find firm jelly-like moisturizers plump up my skin better. The bonus(es)? The gel is non-sticky, non-greasy, and unscented. This makes it the perfect 5 minute moisture mask and I can use it to top up on make up on drier days without ruining it.


SAM_2364

Price wise - $23.95 - it's not great but more affordable than my previous holy grail and it works just the same. Thus, I won't be going back to Clinique Moisture Surge, ever.

Bottom Line:
Marcelle is always going on sale at Shoppers Drug Mart and London Drugs but don't hesitate trying this jar of gel-love at full price. I promise you won't find anything better, highly recommend this one!

Ingredients


SAM_2836


Product in this post was provided in the Vancouver Beauty Bloggers Swag Bag. I am not obligated to write a review nor compensated. All opinions are my own. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Disclosure

Make-Up Kismet is a personal blog written and edited by myself. This blog was created to share my experiences with whom ever reads it.

All reviews posted are written by me and are my honest opinions. All products reviewed are purchased by me for personal and/or review purposes unless stated otherwise. Each person is different, as are our experiences. With that said, I cannot be held responsible for any unsatisfying reaction to a product I review or recommend.

Photos on this blog are either from Google, other Bloggers or, my own. I try to depict all products as accurately as possible. I may edit photos for this purpose.



 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com