Friday, November 25, 2011

Review: Vasanti Ultra Luxe Lipstick in Denmark

Since my lip glosses are already quite bold and lip tints are very natural, there just isn't much of a point in buying lipsticks, for me. Now this sounds unthinkable but when you also have lips with many and wide vertical lip lines, it's near impossible to find a lipstick that doesn't magnify the issue.

Then comes along Vasanti's Ultra Luxe Lipstick in Denmark; a "rich cranberry magenta".

SAM_2149SAM_2156SAM_2160

In direct and indirect sunlight, Denmark comes off as a bright red and nothing like Vasanti describes. However, indoor lighting will truly expose the rich cranberry color. Still, I see no visible signs of the magenta tone.

SAM_2695

Putting aside the colour issues (especially the one in the swatch -___-"), I love the Ultra Luxe formula. It migrates a little due to the creaminess but I find a lip liner fixes that easily. It's hard to find a moisturizing lipstick without the slipperiness but Vasanti did good with this one! You can tell some of Denmark has slipped into my lip lines but that is inevitable for me. The bright side is that it's not as rigid looking and more plump than usual.

Also, because the colour is so opaque, it leaves a slight stain after. The stain resembles more of magenta than cranberry so actually, I guess I am still getting the whole cranberry/magenta that Vasanti describes. As for actual wear time, the lipstick only lasts about 4 hours on me. Keep in mind that I'm a 24/7 munch; no lip product lasts more than 6 hours on me. This would definitely last longer for those who don't eat or drink much throughout the day.

Bottom Line:
After a successful experience with Denmark, I'm going to look into other Ultra Luxe lip colours. I definitely recommend you check them out too if you've had a difficult time finding moisturizing lipsticks without the slipperiness.

*Item was provided in Vancouver Beauty Bloggers Swag Bag. I am not obligated nor compensated to write a review. All opinions are my own. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Disclosure

Make-Up Kismet is a personal blog written and edited by myself. This blog was created to share my experiences with whom ever reads it.

All reviews posted are written by me and are my honest opinions. All products reviewed are purchased by me for personal and/or review purposes unless stated otherwise. Each person is different, as are our experiences. With that said, I cannot be held responsible for any unsatisfying reaction to a product I review or recommend.

Photos on this blog are either from Google, other Bloggers or, my own. I try to depict all products as accurately as possible. I may edit photos for this purpose.



 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com