Wednesday, October 19, 2011

First Impressions: The AmorePacific Moisture Bound Range

If you asked me a month ago if I've heard about the brand AmorePacific, my answer would be no. As it turns out, the brand is a luxe Korean-based brand available at Holt Renfrew, Neiman Marcus, and Sephora (online). The brand is also the sister to other popular Korean brands such as Hera, Laneige, ETUDE, and Innisfree.

As I mentioned, AmorePacific is a luxe brand. Their products do not come cheap but the results are supposedly fruitful. Today I am giving my first impressions on the Moisture Bound Rejuvenating Serum, Eye Treatment, and 
Crème. 

SAM_1938

Starting with the serum - each night after cleansing I would apply the Moisture Bound Rejuvenating Serum and follow with the Rejuvenating Eye Treatment Gel. The serum did very little for my eye area in conjunction with eye treatment but I have noticed major improvement in texture and brightness around the cheeks and the sides of my face.

The Moisture Bound Rejuvenating Eye Treatment Gel used twice daily for two weeks was the greatest let down. While I don't have chronic dark circles, I do need something for puffiness and dryness. The eye treatment did nothing for both my issues.

SAM_2123

The Moisture Bound Rejuvenating Crème was exceptional. Imagine a facial cream that is thin in texture and non-greasy. Since the crème is so light it absorbs in a pinch too. My face is left feeling soft but not as moisturized as I like. Even when combined with the serum is not enough but together they really perk up my complexion. My redness has toned down slightly too. Note the mirror on the lid? It's fairly useless but the cap is a unique take on jar packaging and even more impressive for a sample!

My favorite part is that none the products broke me out. The products sounded quite heavy but thankfully they are not. In fact, they are lightweight gel textures. I did however spot a few, very angry cysts the first week of trialing but it's not because of these three puppies. Actually, it has to do with the Moisture Bound Vitalizing Masque but more on that next time.

My two major quibbles are in regards to the scent and price (obviously). Many luxe skincare brands carry a signature scent. Read: perfume-y. The Moisture Bound line smells nice and thankfully it isn't an old lady smell. Too bad it is frightfully strong. I suspect AmorePacific is targeted for more mature skin in need of anti-aging benefits so while I want to say the prices are justifiable, I can't. I also don't need heavily concentrated face creams or eye treatments so I can hold off on trying more of the brand until my 30's!

Overall, AmorePacific is quite an impressive brand. I do have a couple more products to review but so far, so good.

Have you tried AmorePacific? Tell me yours thoughts!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Disclosure

Make-Up Kismet is a personal blog written and edited by myself. This blog was created to share my experiences with whom ever reads it.

All reviews posted are written by me and are my honest opinions. All products reviewed are purchased by me for personal and/or review purposes unless stated otherwise. Each person is different, as are our experiences. With that said, I cannot be held responsible for any unsatisfying reaction to a product I review or recommend.

Photos on this blog are either from Google, other Bloggers or, my own. I try to depict all products as accurately as possible. I may edit photos for this purpose.



 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com