Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Review: Korres Pomegranate Deep Cleansing Scrub

Life hasn't been the same without the CURE Natural Aqua Gel. Cure wasn't a miracle but watching my skin "peel" was loads of fun. Now that I've found the perfect chemical exfoliator I must find the perfect physical exfoliator.

Today I'm reviewing the Korres Pomegranate Scrub which is a physical exfoliator. I have about 3 other physical exfoliators in my stash to test but because I'm a fan of Korres, I decided to try their scrub first.

This is another Korres product suited for oily and combination skin that I'm trying on my dry-combination skin.

Korres' Description:


Korres Pomegranate Scrub

A creamy scrub containing naturally derived exfoliating grains that refine pores, leaving skin radiant.

For Oily to Combination Skin.


Key Features & Benefits
- Formulated with Greek olive stones to effectively refine the look of pores and remove excess sebum, leaving skin radiant. 

- Provides antioxidant benefits. 
- Gentle yet effective exfoliater. 

Key Ingredients
- Pomegranate extract:
 rich in tannins, tones the skin 
- Olive and Calendula extracts: provide antioxidant benefits

What it is formulated WITHOUT
- Parabens
- Sulfates
- Synthetic Fragrances
- Synthetic Dyes
- Petro-Chemicals
- Phthalates
- GMO
- Triclosan
- Mineral Oil
- Propylene Glycol
- Ethanolamine


Sensitive and thin-skinned skin types should steer clear of this scrub. The skin around my cheeks is thin and I'm prone to broken capillaries but I find I can only use the scrub once a week. If used twice or more, my skin becomes blotchy. 

The scrub is made up of a mixture of seeds which are large and quite rough but they swim in a creamy base that helps protect/moisturizing the skin from feeling raw and unbearably tight. 
The problem with this scrub is that even though it's so tough on my skin, I still find flakes of dry, peeling skin around my nose and forehead. 
I don't have large pores so I can't say much about the look of "refined pores" but I do find my skin looks brighter.

The scrub is contained in a squeeze tube with twist off cap. It's hygienic and travel-friendly but a flip-cap would be sweeter. What is sweet is the scent which is similar to the Korres Pomegranate Cream-Gel; mildly stronger and still fresh but doesn't last at all.

Price wise, the scrub is expensive. The ingredients not used to produce this scrub would more than make up for the $26 price tag. However, at 1.35oz, I don't see this living past 3 months if used twice or more weekly.

Bottom Line:
I didn't find my perfect physical exfoliator in the Korres Pomegranate Scrub so the search continues.
I wouldn't recommend this for dry, sensitive or, thin-skinned skin types but I think those with tougher skin will thoroughly enjoy the roughness of this scrub. I don't recall a drugstore brand that produces a scrub similar in texture to the Pomegranate Scrub and even so, the ingredients here could be potentially safer.

P.S. Has anyone noticed the new and updated packaging for Korres products? I have and I like ;)


Ingredients
 
Water (eau), Olea Europaea (Olive) Seed Powder, C12-20 Acid PEG-8 Ester, Hexyldecanol, Glycerin, Isodecyl Laurate, Hexyldecyl Laurate, Isopropyl Myristate, Glyceryl Stearate, Butylene Glycol, Pentylene Glycol, Polyisoprene, Octyldodecanol, PEG-100 Stearate, Cetyl Alcohol, Triticum Vulgare (Wheat) Germ Oil, Fragrance (parfum), Phenoxyethanol, Benzyl Alcohol, Xanthan Gum, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Arginine, Potassium Sorbate, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Extract, Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract, Lecithin, Punica Granatum Extract, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf
Juice Powder.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Disclosure

Make-Up Kismet is a personal blog written and edited by myself. This blog was created to share my experiences with whom ever reads it.

All reviews posted are written by me and are my honest opinions. All products reviewed are purchased by me for personal and/or review purposes unless stated otherwise. Each person is different, as are our experiences. With that said, I cannot be held responsible for any unsatisfying reaction to a product I review or recommend.

Photos on this blog are either from Google, other Bloggers or, my own. I try to depict all products as accurately as possible. I may edit photos for this purpose.



 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com