Monday, August 8, 2011

Comparative Review: Dolly Wink Liquid Liner versus LORAC Front of the Line PRO Liquid Eyeliner

With all of the skincare reviews I've been writing, I completely neglected to incorporate make up reviews. My Hong Kong haul was filled with Asian cosmetic goods but I've only used 1/4 of the make up. For the few things that I have tried so far, I'll do my best to pump out reviews!

Dolly Wink is founded by the Japanese brand Koji and Gyaru/model, Tsubasa Masuwaka. Maybe you've been living in a cave for the past two years but Dolly Wink is hot stuff in Japan and has even crept its way into the west. It's an expensive drugstore brand and slightly hard to get a hold of in stores but there is an mass of online shops that would love your service. LORAC is also expensive but you can easily find it at your local ULTA, Sephora, and online too.
The Dolly Wink false eyelashes are all the rage and more so the liquid eyeliner. The liner is pen-styled and has a very fine brush applicator. Dolly Wink in comparison to the LORAC Front of the Line PRO Liquid Eyeliner is more feminine looking but the design of the pens are identical.

SAM_1586

For someone who doesn't wear a whole lot of eyeliner, I seem to be attracted to the pen style liners most. The base of the brush on Dolly Wink is slightly wider but I don't find that affects how thinly my lines are drawn.

SAM_1597

Dolly Wink is opaque in one swift swipe but LORAC requires 2 or 3 at most.
They are waterproof but and combined with a rub test, it's smudge proof. It smears on a combination of un-primed, oily, and tapered eyelids but works normally on primed eyes. The lasting power is roughly 6 to 8 hours.

SAM_1672 lorac vs Dolly Wing
L-to-R: LORAC / Dolly Wink

To properly remove the liners I need to combine a cleansing water or duo phased eye make up remover with a cleansing oil. If I'm lucky enough a cleansing oil alone will do the trick but that's very rare.

Both eyeliners end up costly; Dolly Wink is $13.10 on Sasa (not including shipping nor taxes) and LORAC is $23US/$26CAD (not including taxes) at Sephora. Dolly Wink will inevitably end up most costly if purchased through E(vil)bay sellers and small online shops due to mysterious inflation.

Bottom Line:
I recommend both Dolly Wink Liquid Eyeliner and LORAC Front of the Line PRO Liquid Liner but more so the latter. LORAC is much easier to purchase and in the end, Dolly Wink is roughly in the $20 ball park because of shipping charges and inflation. The results are nearly the same.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Disclosure

Make-Up Kismet is a personal blog written and edited by myself. This blog was created to share my experiences with whom ever reads it.

All reviews posted are written by me and are my honest opinions. All products reviewed are purchased by me for personal and/or review purposes unless stated otherwise. Each person is different, as are our experiences. With that said, I cannot be held responsible for any unsatisfying reaction to a product I review or recommend.

Photos on this blog are either from Google, other Bloggers or, my own. I try to depict all products as accurately as possible. I may edit photos for this purpose.



 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com