Monday, August 15, 2011

Canmake Cream Cheek

As promised, I'm finally writing about some of the Japanese cosmetics I got from Hong Kong.
Canmake is an extremely cute yet affordable make up line in Japan. However, the brand is ridiculously overpriced online.
If you're interested in Canmake cosmetics and visit Hong Kong yearly, you'll be glad to know that the prices there are nearly on par with the price in Japan!

The Canmake Cream Cheeks have been around for quite some time. They're housed in dainty plastic compacts with a jewel-ish design on the cap.


SAM_1690

 When it comes to blushes, I prefer creams over powders or liquids such as stains. The Cream Cheek are creamy like whipped mousse make-up but feel slippery near the end. It's no doubt this cream blush is silicone-based but they actually remind me of the Sally Hansen Natural Beauty Inspired by Carmindy Sheerest Cream Blush.

SAM_1605
SAM_1609

With a total of 11 Cream Cheeks to choose from and owning 9 of them, I have only tried the shade, Coral Orange [07]. The coral orange sounds the most natural out of all the cream cheeks but in the pan, it looks nothing like a coral orange! Then, when applied it appears as a baby pink with too much shimmer and sparkle going on. Color me confused!
The Cream Cheeks all have shimmer to them which Canmake calls a 'Lamé' or 'Pearl' finish. I'd prefer a satin or matte finish but the shimmer isn't too intense but on occasion there will be flecks of glitter which are unbearable, at least for me.

All in all, 07, isn't sheer nor highly pigmented. Cream blushes can be easily overdone but this one can be layered for intensity. Unfortunately, the wear time is a total dud on my dry cheeks; only 3 hours max.


Bottom Line:
The lasting power is weak and the pigmentation is so-so. With no matte or shimmer-free shades to choose from, I'm on the fence with the Canmake Cream Cheeks.
If I were asked to pay $15(CAD/USD)+ on various online shops, I'd say nay. If I can grab more of the Canmake Cream Cheeks around 580 Yen (~$8CAD), I'd say, "Bill me".

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Disclosure

Make-Up Kismet is a personal blog written and edited by myself. This blog was created to share my experiences with whom ever reads it.

All reviews posted are written by me and are my honest opinions. All products reviewed are purchased by me for personal and/or review purposes unless stated otherwise. Each person is different, as are our experiences. With that said, I cannot be held responsible for any unsatisfying reaction to a product I review or recommend.

Photos on this blog are either from Google, other Bloggers or, my own. I try to depict all products as accurately as possible. I may edit photos for this purpose.



 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com