Friday, February 25, 2011

Physicians Formula Shimmer Strips Gel CreamLiner Review + Swatches

After lining my eyes (perfectly) with the help of Physicians Formula CreamLiner's, I knew I had to write a review ASAP! The sun was blazing today so I was able to take AMAZINGLY-AWESOME-FANTASTIC swatches too. I can't wait to show them!

First, the official Physicians Formula description:
- Three custom shades provide a glamorous look to define and enhance your eye color.
- Unique gel cream formula glides-on effortlessly and smoothly while providing the definition of a liquid eyeliner.
- Long-wearing, water-resistant and smudge-resistant formula provides 24-Hour definition.
- Includes Pro-Eyeliner Brush for effortless and precise application.

Stackable eyeliner pots can be pulled apart for individual use on-the-go.
Hypoallergenic. Dermatologist Approved. Fragrance Free. Paraben Free. Safe for Sensitive Eyes and Contact Lens Wearers.


I have the Physicians Formula Shimmer Strips Custom Eye Enhancing Gel CreamLiners in Hazel Eyes and Blue Eyes. These liners costs roughly $14.99 in most drugstores. Luckily, I purchased the both of mine at nearly half the price! While the price seems absurd for drugstore prices, it comes out to be $4.99 a pot. What other drugstore brands do you know that sells GEL eyeliners for $5 or less? Wet n Wild has one at $6.99, Maybelline's at $9.99 and L'Oreal's H.I.P. line but that isn't even available in Canada >:@
Unlike all Physicians Formula brushes, the one included for the Gel CreamLiner trio's do not suck. The bristles are too stiff and drag across the lids WITHOUT scratching the lids. So while it isn't soft & flexible, it works alright.. better than an angled eyeliner brush, I say.

The quality of these gel liners is terrific.
Think: Extremely creamy and easy to apply. It applies unevenly but only when I didn't have enough cream on my brush. Each shade is pigmented and has it's own pizazz and you'll see that in the swatches.
I don't agree with the long-wearing, water-resistant, and smudge-resistant claims.
The eyeliner is long-wearing as long as it doesn't come into contact with water. I could swim with the eyeliner on and it wouldn't run down my face. However, I've noticed after contact with water/once the water evaporates, the eyeliner begins to flake and smudge and doesn't stop unless the eyeliner is removed. Luckily, the eyeliner itself does not transfer or crease into the hood of eyelids which is a huge concern for me!
Now the removal process is fairly easy. It can't be removed with simple soap & water but an oil-based make-up remover will do the trick.
How about some swatches before the final verdict ;)






Pigmented, no?? The Blue Eyes trio contains a deep navy blue, brown with a golden sheen, and black with blue micro glitters. At first I thought the black liners were standard blacks but the colors in their pots/packaging is ultra deceiving!!
The Hazel Eyes trio contains a brown that has an olive-green tone to it, purple with magenta tones AND silver micro glitters, and a black with purple micro glitters.
I had a very hard time capturing the micro glitters so excuse the blurry-ness of the not-your-standard-black-eyeliner swatches ^^;

The final verdict:
I recommend these gel/cream liners 100%, end of discussion!
Hope this review & my swatches help your future purchases.
 


INGREDIENTS:
ISODODECANE, POLYETHYLENE, CYCLOPENTASILOXANE, TRIMETHYLSILOXYSILICATE, HYDROGENATED POLYISOBUTENE, DISTEARDIMONIUM HECTORITE, PROPYLENE CARBONATE, PVP, TRIETHOXYCAPRYLYLSILANE, WATER, BHT, PHENOXYETHANOL. MAY CONTAIN: CALCIUM SODIUM BOROSILICATE, CARMINE, CHROMIUM OXIDE GREENS, BLACK 2, FERRIC AMMONIUM FERROCYANIDE, FERRIC FERROCYANIDE, IRON OXIDES, MANGANESE VIOLET, MICA, SILICA, SYNTHETIC FLUORPHLOGOPITE, TIN OXIDE, TITANIUM DIOXIDE, ULTRAMARINES, YELLOW 5 LAKE

11 comments:

Tracy@Beauty Reflections said...

I am loving the blue set a lot! Great swatches! I will have to check these out next drugstore trip.

Unknown said...

Thanks for this review!!!!!!! :) I've been looking for a good review about these cream liners for the longest time!! :)

Jamie Dorman said...

I have wanted to try these, but I'm not comfortable with glitter in my liner; I'm afraid it will flake and get in my eye.

Cher said...

Great swatches and wow those look worth the price but I'm so use to regular black gel liner, I wouldn't know what to use purple or blue for.

Mallory said...

I love how they come in little stackable box like packaging. Thanks for the review. That navy blue color is gorgeous!!

Ashley said...

Tracy,
Thanks! Definitely check these out. I hear the Glam collection trio's double up as eyeshadow bases too ;)

Rainy,
You're welcome!

PCS,
I totally understand. I hate when glitters fall into my eyes but I haven't experienced any of that with these liners. The liner itself flakes though but never in my eye, just on the face.

Che,
I mostly use bright colored liners for special eye looks. The black liner in these trio's are less boring than the average black liner so that could be a start into funky liner looks :)

Mallory,
It's like make-up Lego, super neat!

Shop N' Chomp said...

Wow, your camera is amazing! Mine (I have an old Cybershot) would never be able to pick up those micro glitters. Love the vibrancy these creamliners give off! :)

(Haha! I couldn't help but giggle at your comment. I have the smallest hands out of anyone I know but I have a feeling yours may be even smaller. :P)

Ashley said...

Shop,
You'd never guess that my camera is the built-in camera for the iPhone 4! It takes the best pictures when there's sunlight<3

Angela said...

I've been eyeing these liners every time I see them for a while now.. your review definitely doesn't bode well for my wallet :P But unless I see a mail-in rebate attached, I'll probably drive across the US border to buy. PF is so much cheaper in the States!

Ashley said...

Angela,
If I hadn't of found the eyeliners for sale I wouldn't have gave bought them. I'm like you, I'll pick them up in the US cause it's cheaper there and they have WAAAY better sales! Do check these eyeliners when you can though, they're pretty awesome :D

Shop N' Chomp said...

No way! I hate my Crackberry cam. =\

Post a Comment

Disclosure

Make-Up Kismet is a personal blog written and edited by myself. This blog was created to share my experiences with whom ever reads it.

All reviews posted are written by me and are my honest opinions. All products reviewed are purchased by me for personal and/or review purposes unless stated otherwise. Each person is different, as are our experiences. With that said, I cannot be held responsible for any unsatisfying reaction to a product I review or recommend.

Photos on this blog are either from Google, other Bloggers or, my own. I try to depict all products as accurately as possible. I may edit photos for this purpose.



 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com