Monday, November 22, 2010

EOS Lip Balm Smooth Sphere in Honeysuckle Honeydew and Summer Fruit - Review

Even though I'm a Canadian "beauty blogger", I tend to write a lot of reviews on U.S. beauty products that aren't available in Canada.. Annoying, huh?
Well finally, I have found some great places to purchase certain beauty products not available to us Canucks! Today I am reviewing the eos Lip Balm Smooth Sphere's which as we all know, isn't readily available in stores in Canada. These little egg-ish balls have been getting a lot of hype and attention in the beauty blogosphere & no doubt, everyone wants to try it! But do you really need to? Yes and no.
I'll begin by sharing some great news. I've discovered recently that eos Lip Balms can be purchased at RW&Co.! On the eos website, there is a helpful "where to buy" tab that provides a Google Map and list of locations on "where to buy" certain eos products. I haven't checked an RW&Co. store myself but I do know it's a business attire clothing store. Strange, no?? If you're in Vancouver & interested in the lip balms, you might want to check RW&Co. out :)
Review time!


EOS Says:
Can a lip balm make you smile? We think so. That's why we invented this one.
•Long-lasting moisture
•Shea butter & vitamin E
•Smoothes on clear
•New smooth sphere precisely glides on to lips
•Twist-off top
•Gluten-free
•Paraben-free
•Petrolatum-free
•Phthalate-free

eos lip balm is 95% organic, 100% natural, and paraben and petrolatum free. Packed with antioxidant-rich vitamin E, soothing shea butter and jojoba oil, eos keeps your lips moist, soft and sensationally smooth.

I Say:
Love the ingredients, love the scent and yes these lip balms make me smile! They are so cute and hard to lose! Although, if you tend to pack light or carry a small purse, the Smooth Sphere can be inconvient to carry around.
So far, I have tried Honeysuckle Honeydew and Summer Fruit. Honeysuckle Honeydew reminds me of cantaloupes and honeydew whereas Summer Fruit smells like peaches! Honestly, my favorite part of the eos Smooth Sphere is the scent. Now the downside to these lip balms is that they aren't soft and balm-y like I prefer. Rather, they are hard and waxy. It applies smooth enough and clear but end up feeling waxy and noticeable on the lips. The most important part is that the the eos lip balms are moisturizing but the results aren't long-lasting like promised. I find myself reapplying the lip balm after every drink of water or meal. This stuff wears quickly and there's not a lot of product to begin with. When I'm nearly done with the lip balm, the sphere turns flat and becomes harder to apply.

Bottom Line
All in all, I'd recommend the eos Lip Balm Smooth Sphere based on scent and ingredients. I especially like the fact that the eos lip balms come without petrolatum. I find lip balms with petrolatum make my lips drier and dependant on the ingredient itself. Function-wise, these could be better. I'd actually recommend the EOS Lip Balm Smooth Sticks more because they are less waxy, same ingredients and easier to carry around.

Also, check out Citrine's review on the EOS Lip Balm in Summer Fruit here. She caught something I think a lot of us overlooked.


Ingredients
Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil*, Beeswax (Cire D'abeille)*, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil*, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil*, Natural Flavor, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter)*, Stevia Rebaudiana Leaf/Stem Extract*, Tocopherol, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil*, Vaccinium Angustifolium (Blueberry) Fruit Extract*, Fragaria Vesca (Strawberry) Fruit Extract*, Prunus Persica (Peach) Fruit Extract*, Linalool1. 1Component of Natural Flavor. *Organic. Certified Organic by Oregon Tilth. Patent Pending.

3 comments:

Oh to Be a Muse said...

oh i love these products. so good!

Please enter my Lanvin, Jewelry, Makeup & Nail polish holiday giveaway.

http://www.ohtobeamuse.com/2010/11/holiday-giveaway.html

alison*elle said...

I've seen them at RW&Co and actually, Shoppers has started selling them too. I snagged a bunch (they are $4.99 there versus the ridiculous $6 at RW).

Totally agree with you on the fact that they're not long-lasting enough though... I am constantly reapplying (though I actually do like how fun they are to apply).

xo, alison-elle.blogspot.com

Ashley said...

I've checked loads of Shoppers but I've never seen them. I'll have to check again!
The $4.99 price tag isn't ideal for me but if I feel like indulging in peach scented lip balm, I wouldn't think twice about picking another one up. Thanks for the heads up!

Post a Comment

Disclosure

Make-Up Kismet is a personal blog written and edited by myself. This blog was created to share my experiences with whom ever reads it.

All reviews posted are written by me and are my honest opinions. All products reviewed are purchased by me for personal and/or review purposes unless stated otherwise. Each person is different, as are our experiences. With that said, I cannot be held responsible for any unsatisfying reaction to a product I review or recommend.

Photos on this blog are either from Google, other Bloggers or, my own. I try to depict all products as accurately as possible. I may edit photos for this purpose.



 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com