Sunday, September 5, 2010

Review - The Body Shop Passion Fruit Facial Cleansing Gel + MINI BLOG

Before I begin anything cosmetic or non-school related... I got the iPhone 4 (32G)!! For the next THREE years that I'm signed onto a contract with Rogers, I'm paying $302 (CAD) for the phone AND another $xxxx for the phone bill. I've calculated the total cost of the phone bill after the 3 years are over  & you wouldn't believe how much I'll be paying. I dare you to take a guess at my total, the answer will be at the very bottom of this post! Hint: Every month for the next 3 years, I'll be paying $80 unless I change my phone plan or my phone company gives me a special deal (unlikely). I've never had an iPhone before and I'm not a geek but this phone is decent. I absolutely hate people who tell me I'm a fool for buying the iPhone 4 or pressuring me to buy into the BlackBerry but honestly, whatever! Technology is changing day by day & in the end, no ones a winner because there is always something better. Nothing comes without a price or a flaw.
And onto something less depressing but boring, my review! I've been impatient but excited to do this review but I waited a good 2-to-4 weeks before I gave it my good word. I I still have a lot of time to judge & technically this could be another "initial" experience but I think it'll be alright if I did the review now. I will compare the Bioré PURIFY Steam Activated Cleanser to the Passion Fruit Cleansing Gel somewhere along the way, don't worry.

Here's what The Body Shop said about their (Originals) product:
Best if you want to: Wash away excess oil, makeup and impurities with a refreshing cleansing milk that gently cleanses without drying to leave skin feeling soft, smooth and refreshed.
Best for: all skin types
How it works:
- Community Trade honey moisturizes and conditions the skin.
- Passion fruit extract is a gentle ingredient that helps refresh the skin.
- Glycerin helps moisturize the skin.


In Detail
Did anyone notice The Body Shop described the Passion Fruit Facial Cleansing Gel as a, "refreshing cleansing milk"? I don't want to be a grammar snob but it seems like The Body Shop made a few typos. Better higher a new typist, ha!
The Body Shop asserts the Passion Fruit Facial Cleansing Gel is best for all skin types but while I found that hard to believe, it was infact very gentle. I've grown very fond of cream cleansers and wish they made this cleanser in a cream formula but an unscented cream cleanser is key to an ultimate extra gentle cleanser. After being spoiled by the Aloe Calming Facial Cleanser, I gather the Passion Fruit Facial Cleansing Gel isn't as gentle but far better than the Bioré PURIFY Steam Activated Cleanser. I can use this cleanser twice a day without dryness on my cheeks. The Bioré PURIFY Steam Activated Cleanser made my face dry in patches, especially around the nose and eyes. It helps remove all the oil on my forehead but cannot prevent the acne there but atleast it doesn't promise that ability. It's good for removing the heaviest of eyeshadows but fails with waterproof mascara. It can't defeat heavy facial make-up but light make-up? A-Ok. The fruity scent isn't an abundance of tropical fruits, just the aroma of passion fruit! I've also been using the Fuzzy Peach Shower Gel by The Body Shop & that smells equally delicious. If only I could use it for my face! The cleanser comes in 250 ml for $5.99 so it'll last a good 3-to-6 months. My only issue is the lathering. You only need two pea sized squirts to get a nice bubbly but your hands and face should only be barely damp! While it seems like everything is fine and dandy, think again. The Body Shop Passion Fruit cleanser comes housed in a flip cap bottle & could make it or break it for some people. Atleast sell us an individual pump. I'm beginning to hate having to switch my cleansers into different bottles to fit my liking!

In Short-form
Would I recommend this? Sure, give it a try if you're interested. Right now, The Body Shop is having a 2 for $10 deal on their Originals line. You could try a scented shower gel while testing the waters with this cleanser for $10 or pay $5.99 for the cleanser alone.
I like The Body Shop's Passion Fruit Facial Cleansing Gel. It's a simple cleanser that works well against heavy eye make-up or light facial make-up. It doesn't help my acne but nothing can besides better eating habits. I dig the delicious fruitful scent but some may not. I wish it didn't dry my cheeks but atleast it wasn't my whole face. The flip-cap bottle annoys me but luckily, I have an extra pump bottle laying around! The size is well worth the price for all it does too.

I sincerely hope someone found this review useful, there wasn't much to it. If you stuck around for the answer, it's....

$2,800!

2 comments:

SafexSolutions said...

Great post..Is it best Facial Cleansing Product? Can I use it in Winter?

Ashley said...

I wouldn't say it's the best facial cleansing product but it's a good basic cleanser for anyone who doesn't use cosmetics.
It's good for keeping the skin clean and fresh but will not dry out the skin!

Post a Comment

Disclosure

Make-Up Kismet is a personal blog written and edited by myself. This blog was created to share my experiences with whom ever reads it.

All reviews posted are written by me and are my honest opinions. All products reviewed are purchased by me for personal and/or review purposes unless stated otherwise. Each person is different, as are our experiences. With that said, I cannot be held responsible for any unsatisfying reaction to a product I review or recommend.

Photos on this blog are either from Google, other Bloggers or, my own. I try to depict all products as accurately as possible. I may edit photos for this purpose.



 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com