Thursday, September 2, 2010

Lovely Surprises

On certain days, I'll open my mailbox to find a load of goodies ranging from coupons or gifts to magazines. On other days, I'll come home to junk mail. Whichever it happens to be, I love finding mail with my name on it! I especially love surprise mail from close friends but who doesn't, right?? It will always turna bad day into a good one!
Like today for instance, I woke up to a nasty surprise. One: It was 3:30PM when I woke up, Two: I completely ruined a new pair of Hello Kitty boy briefs! Thanks Aunt Flow, you couldn't have warned me atleast??
And no, I do not think this isn't too much info. It happens to all of us ladies! It only seems to happen to me every time... regardless of checking when Aunt Flow is swinging by. I guess you really can't prepare for everything. So after taking an extra strength Advil, hopping into the shower & reheating leftovers, I went to check the mailbox. I was happily surprised to find a package from Jenny of
A Haute Passion!
Back in July, Jenny hosted a Nailene Giveaway with three different prizes. (Thank you, Jenny for having such a great giveaway!) I won the second prize which was a Nailene Couture Press-on nails kit.
Besides that, I finally get to go see my niece today after two dreaded weeks without her. I have had a terrible week and little things like seeing a baby smile or mail with my name on it will always makes ME feel better.


It couldn't have come at a better or worse time. I was feeling really cranky & unhappy but it certainly made me smile to find a package with my name on it! But... my nails are in horrible condition right now & I can't even test the nail kit. They are extremely pretty so I guess I'll have to save them for a more special occasion anyhow.
Just look, after 2 weeks of wearing Wet n Wild Megalast Nail Color in Bite the Bullet (207A) on my bare nails... this is what happens:

Besides that, I also got to see my niece today after two dreaded weeks without her. Seeing her smile, finding mail with my name on it AND Jersey Shore? I feel much better! If you have any tips or cures for cramps, please please please leave a comment & share.
Enjoy the weekend! It's ALMOST Friday!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Disclosure

Make-Up Kismet is a personal blog written and edited by myself. This blog was created to share my experiences with whom ever reads it.

All reviews posted are written by me and are my honest opinions. All products reviewed are purchased by me for personal and/or review purposes unless stated otherwise. Each person is different, as are our experiences. With that said, I cannot be held responsible for any unsatisfying reaction to a product I review or recommend.

Photos on this blog are either from Google, other Bloggers or, my own. I try to depict all products as accurately as possible. I may edit photos for this purpose.



 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com