Wednesday, June 16, 2010

One Week Trial - Bioré PURIFY Steam Activated Cleanser Review

I'm finally getting it together with Blogger & trying to do more reviews. While it's usually a "mini" review, it is a review nonetheless. Today I wil be reviewing the Bioré PURIFY Steam Activated Cleanser (with SteamActiv beads).


What Bioré has to say about their new product:
Bioré PURIFY Steam Activated Cleanser with SteamActiv beads harnesses the steam in your shower to give you your best clean! The unique SteamActiv beads are activated as the cleanser is lathered, providing a mint infused sensorial experience you will want to experience everyday!
What they recommend (instructions and frequency): Pump cleanser into hands. Beads activate as you work the cleanser into a creamy lather. Gently massage face. Rinse thoroughly. Use product daily in the shower for best results.


After one week of testing the product I've decided to do a review on it. I started using it on Monday and continued to; once a day in the shower for a week. I wasn't expecting much out of this cleanser or to even like it but I actually did. I'm really surprised because I usually dislike Bioré products. While I'm not running to Wal-Mart or Shoppers Drug Mart to buy it any time soon, it is on my To Buy list when I run out of a cleanser (I have atleast 2 or 3 bottles of cleansers to finish off, *sigh*). I would buy it if I wasn't on my No Buy Oath though...
So I've read some reviews on the Bioré PURIFY Steam Activated Cleanser &  Muse from Musings Of A Muse is very keen on this stuff too. The downside was that she didn't find it lathered on the face very well so the cleanser had to be rubbed in between hands first. I actually didn't have a problem with the foaming abilities. A pea size amount slathered on the side of my cheek would lather enough to cover my whole face. Another review said there was inconsistency with the beads. From my sample*, I agree 100%. I only many beads in my sample* but I only caught them on my hands twice. I'm sure if I had the actual product in a pump bottle things would be different. Even so, there aren't enough beads to exfoliate & neither does it "activate" as I cleanse like Bioré says it will. The "mint infused sensorial experience", I find came from the cleanser itself & not the beads. Seriously, I think the beads are useless! If anyone argues otherwise that's entirely fine by me. Considering how I used 2 beads out of the 7 times I tested the product I can honestly say that the refreshing & cooling sensation I felt in the shower definitely did not come from two beads that I only used twice on separate occasions. Yeeeesh! Besides the bead fiasco, the cleanser itself is alright. It produces a nice creamy lather & cleanses well. On the downside, after 7 straight days of testing the cleanser I noticed my skin has become tighter & drier. That only means I can only use this every other day :( Another downfall is that eyeliner and non-waterproof mascara cannot be fully removed with the cleanser (without leaving black smudges under the eyes). I use the cleanser to remove light foundation or tinted moisturizer in the shower because the steam in conjuction with the cleanser work well to break down my facial make-up. The major highlight for me is  the scent. I was expecting it to be a plethora of minty freshness but I find it smells like vanilla mint toothpaste but less toothpaste-y/minty & very pleasant. I was expecting a burst or a super charge of "invorating" and "refreshing" because the description said it would provide a mint infused sensorial experience but that didn't happen. It is a tinge refreshing in a hot shower but not annoyingly so. I expected this to be very irritated after using the cleanser daily for a week because it contains menthol and that held true... It sucks that I can't use this daily but it works, sort of. Right?

All in all this cleanser worked fairly well, smelled great, & costs at most $10 at drugstores or grocery stores. If I use it strictly for the shower, it would last me a year tops! I dig it. It is one of those basic cleansers that are enjoyed best in showers. After two days with a new cleanser I usually notice signs of tight skin & redness or drying but it took five days for visible confirmation. You'd think I'd push the product away for that but I have issues, okay!?!
Last note: I recommend it for those who don't have sensitive skin or drier than dry skin but if you insist on trying it, don't use it daily! This should work well for normal to combination or oily skin types but I'm not an expert, this is based on assumption.

P.S. That "Ass out of U & Me" saying is true but I'm rubber and you're glue! What ever negative things you have to say about me bounce off of me & stick onto you! (Or something along those lines...)!

Ingredients:
Aqua, Sodium C14-16 Olefin Sulfonate, Ammonium Cocoyl Isethionate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Acrylates Copolymer, Glycerin, PEG-7 Glyceryl Cocoate, Camellia Sinensis, Mentha Piperita, Cocos Nucifera, Withania Somnifera, Tocopheryl Acetate, Aloe Barbadensis, Propylene Glycol, Disodium EDTA, BHT, Mannitol, Microcrystalline Cellulose, Chromium Oxide Greens, Iron Oxides, Potassium Hydroxide, Benzophenone-4, Menthol, Menthyl Lactate, Polyquaternium-10, DMDM Hydantoin, Diazolidinyl Urea, Iodopropynyl

Butylcarbamate, Parfum, Blue 1.


P.S. I signed up for a sample* of this product on the Bioré website and only 30,000 received a sample* of it, I was one of the lucky few. The sample* came with a $2.50 off coupon on the purchase of 2 Bioré products & of course a sample*  of the Bioré PURIFY Steam Activated Cleanser. I decided to do a review on the product for fun & to share my experience on this blog. I'm not being paid for this review. Neither am I affiliated with the company.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Disclosure

Make-Up Kismet is a personal blog written and edited by myself. This blog was created to share my experiences with whom ever reads it.

All reviews posted are written by me and are my honest opinions. All products reviewed are purchased by me for personal and/or review purposes unless stated otherwise. Each person is different, as are our experiences. With that said, I cannot be held responsible for any unsatisfying reaction to a product I review or recommend.

Photos on this blog are either from Google, other Bloggers or, my own. I try to depict all products as accurately as possible. I may edit photos for this purpose.



 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com